The individual pension trustee liability insurance policy protects the policyholder against claims made against them in respect of their legal liability and other costs arising from their position as a pension trustee.
What is covered by the individual pension trustee liability insurance policy?
The policy is deigned to protect the individual pension trustee, the policyholder and not other trustees of the scheme can make a call on the policy.
The cover provided by the policy includes a range of contingencies including;
- Errors and Omissions your legal liability arising from a breach of professional duty
- Defence Costs arising in the defence of claims brought against you
- Ombudsman Investigation and Complaints – costa incurred in responding to an investigation by the Pensions Ombudsman and for awards made by the Ombudsman and the costs of defining or appealing such actions.
- The Pensions Regulator (TPR) Fines and Penalties – cover for civil fines and penalties imposed by the TPR and the costs of defending such actions by the TPR and other bodies.
- Losses excused both exoneration clauses in the trust deed where you may not be held liable but that the policy can provide reimbursement for.
How do I apply for individual pension trustee liability insurance?
You can apply below or call us direct on. 0161 300 2930 to discuss your requirements.