Innovate UK is and executive non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and designed to support and encourage innovation in the UK acting as the UK’s innovation agency.
The responsibilities of Innovate UK include;
- determine which science and technology developments will drive future economic growth
- meet UK innovators with great ideas in the fields we’re focused on
- fund the strongest opportunities
- connect innovators with the right partners they need to succeed
- help our innovators launch, build and grow successful businesses
The organisation sets out it’s objectives each year in a delivery plan that provides an insight into the areas of development that will be draw focus and what steps will be taken to support and develop innovative business technologies and how to commercialise them. The 2017-2018 delivery plan can be found here.
Innovate UK is a potential source of funding for UK businesses looking to develop their ideas and this funding can be accessed during the Innovate’s regular rounds of funding. To find our what funding may be available to you you can browse and apply online here.